1.In the 60's in jamaica, they were the ones who went to sound system shows and the like, and were very violent. They wore suits and pork-pie hats to imitate the rich. The were basically the gangsters of that time and place. They were also the first Jamaican youth subculture. When they went to America they influenced the skins there.
2. When they influenced those kids, two-tone (second wave) ska started. A rudie after that point is a person who supports ska music, is a fan of checkers (symbolized black and white unity), suits, pork-pie hats, etc. They are not violent or criminal like the rude boys of Jamaica. They like to skank. (a dance done to ska music.
3. Refers to (both white and black) lower-class youth in Britain that like to follow the trends and new fashions from Africa. Also sometimes called chavs or townies.
1. The rude boys started a huge riot at the sound system show last night.
2. The rude boys skanked throughout the whole show.
3. The rude boys had just found out about the newest trend.